Manage Massive Matrices with Shared Memory and Memory-Mapped
Create, store, access, and manipulate massive matrices.
Matrices are allocated to shared memory and may use memory-mapped
files. Packages 'biganalytics', 'bigtabulate', 'synchronicity', and
'bigalgebra' provide advanced functionality.
NEWS for R package bigmemory
See also the Bigmemory Project:
Jay and Mike
2017-11-19 Michael Kane
- Re-added functions to assign based on column and row names.
2017-11-08 Michael Kane
- Memory leak problem solved.
2016-09-21 Adam Ryczkowski [email protected]
- Fixed a bug with handling raw bytes. Now it is possible to
use big.matrix to store arbitrary R object (using serialization).
If you want to make sure that bigmemory big.matrix handles raw
data, add "bigmemory (>=4.5.21)" to the Depends stanza in
2014-04-15 Mike and Charles [email protected]
- Enabled use of Rcpp package to simply code and create
smaller barrier to adding additional extensions.
- Added new method to big.matrix objects, allocation_size, to
easily check the size of the object in memory.
- Float type matrices have now been added to enable single
2013-03-09 Jay and Mike [email protected]
- We missed a NEWS entry. Windows support is temporarily suspended
due to issues with the Boost headers.
- We now depend on bigmemory.sri (a trivial dependency relating to
our big.matrix descriptors) and new package BH (for Boost headers).
2011-06-29 Jay and Mike [email protected]
- Modified deepcopy() with C code (thanks to Zarrar for this)
- Added -fpermissive to possibly address a compilation issue
- Added -lm to address a linking problem with math.h
- Fixed a problem with reading all 0's in a column in
- We note that there may be an inconsistency with read.big.matrix()
and write.big.matrix() that needs to be addressed.
2010-10-30 Jay [email protected]
- Modified configure to handle a Solaris problem.
- Added definition of C99FEATURES to isna.hpp; hopefully
won't break anything.
2010-05-16 Jay [email protected]
- Set proper default value op='AND' for mwhich()
2010-05-08 Jay [email protected]
- The configuration process has been streamlined to avoid
warnings and allow for support of Sun Studio compiler
2010-05-06 Jay and Mike [email protected]
- bigmemory >= 2.2.0 is accompanied by sister packages
biganalytics and bigtabulate; mutexes (locking) are
abstracted to package synchronicity, available now
on R-Forge and soon to be uploaded to CRAN. Package
bigalgebra is on R-Forge as a beta version while we
sort through the range of library configuration options.