Bespoke Images of 'OpenStreetMap' Data
Bespoke images of 'OpenStreetMap' ('OSM') data and data
visualisation using 'OSM' objects.
- 'verbose' parameter of 'extract_osm_objects' renamed to 'quiet'
- New function 'osm_line2poly' enables plotting polygonal shapes delineated only
by lines, through tracing around the bounding box to form full polygons.
- New vignette to describe this functionality, "maps-with-ocean".
- 'osm_basemap' now accepts an 'sf' object instead of explicit 'bbox' values,
and extracts the corresponding 'bbox' directly from that object.
- Major re-structure to use 'osmdata' package instead of 'osmar', with
concomitantly enormous increase in speed of 'extract_osm_objects'
- Package is now also 'sf'-compatible: objects to be plotted can be either 'sp'
or 'sf' format, with all 'osmplotr' functions defaulting to 'sf'
- Title in DESCRIPTION changed from "Customisable Images of OpenStreetMap Data"
to "Bespoke Images of 'OpenStreetMap' Data"
- Better control of timeout errors when calling the overpass API
- Git host transferred from ropenscilabs to ropensci
- Acknowledge OSM contributors on startup
- Rename 'borderWidth' parameter of 'add_osm_groups' to 'border_width'
- 'connect_highways' also entirely re-coded to be much more efficient, but
this should not affect functionality at all.
- add 'return_type' argument to 'extract_osm_objects' to enable explicit
specification of return type (points, lines, polygons)
- fix tests so they pass even if download fails
- 'add_osm_surface' did not previously work properly for different bboxes
(and so zooming was not possible). Now fixed.
- both 'add_osm_surface' and 'add_osm_groups' now enable maps to be zoomed
- fix make_osm_map to produce maps even when not all requested data exists
- vignette 'making-maps' renamed 'basic-maps' and tidied
- vignette 'making-maps-with-data' renamed 'data-maps' and tidied
- 'plot_osm_basemap' renamed 'osm_basemap', and now uses
'ggplot2::coord_equal()' to ensure maps are scaled to bounding boxes.
- 'print_osm_map' added to enable device proportions to be automatically scaled
to bounding boxes.
- manual entries cleaned up to remove non-exported functions
Major update with (almost) all plotting routines shifted from 'graphics::plot'
to 'ggplot2'. All previous parameters specifying graphics devices (such as
heights and widths) no longer apply.
- vignette 'downloading-data' removed (incorporate in 'making-maps')
- vignette 'making-maps' extended
- vignette 'making-maps-with-data' added
- Extensive examples added to most functions
- 'click_map' removed
- 'connect_highways' renamed 'get_highway_cycle'
- 'highways2polygon' renamed 'connect_highways'
- 'extract_highway', 'extract_highways', 'order_lines' no longer exported
- 'extract_osm_objects' now just returns objects (instead of '$obj' and
'$warn'), and dumps warnings direct to screen.
- 'add_osm_groups' now accepts lists of simple spatial points as groups
- Coordinate reference system properly attributed to all objects
- many tests added
- Change to 'ggplot2' has considerably changed structure of many functions. For
details see function examples and vignettes
- added 'add_axes' to plot lat-lon axes
- added 'add_osm_surface' to spatially interpolate continuous surfaces from
- added 'add_colourbar' to plot a colourbar legend for 'add_osm_surface'
- renamed 'group_osm_objects' to 'add_osm_groups'
- added 'adjust_colours' to allow colours to be lightened or darkened
- all usages of 'xylims' (vectors of four components) and 'get_xylims' changed
to 'bbox' (2-by-2 matrices) for consistency with sp and tmap
- reduce size of 'london' data (through smaller bbox), with corresponding
changes in vignettes
osmplotr v0.1-1, 0.1-2
Published on CRAN