Customisable Images of OpenStreetMap Data
Customisable images of OpenStreetMap (OSM) data and
data visualisation using OSM objects.
- add 'return_type' argument to 'extract_osm_objects' to enable explicit
specificiation of return type (points, lines, polygons)
- fix tests so they pass even if download fails
- 'add_osm_surface' did not previously work properly for different bboxes
(and so zooming was not possible). Now fixed.
- both 'add_osm_surface' and 'add_osm_groups' now enable maps to be zoomed
- fix make_osm_map to produce maps even when not all requested data exists
- vignette 'making-maps' renamed 'basic-maps' and tidied
- vignette 'making-maps-with-data' renamed 'data-maps' and tidied
- 'plot_osm_basemap' renamed 'osm_basemap', and now uses
'ggplot2::coord_equal()' to ensure maps are scaled to bounding boxes.
- 'print_osm_map' added to enable device proportions to be automatically scaled
to bounding boxes.
- manual entries cleaned up to remove non-exported functions
Major update with (almost) all plotting routines shifted from 'graphics::plot'
to 'ggplot2'. All previous parameters specifying graphics devices (such as
heights and widths) no longer apply.
- vignette 'downloading-data' removed (incorporate in 'making-maps')
- vignette 'making-maps' extended
- vignette 'making-maps-with-data' added
- Extensive examples added to most functions
- 'click_map' removed
- 'connect_highways' renamed 'get_highway_cycle'
- 'highways2polygon' renamed 'connect_highways'
- 'extract_highway', 'extract_highways', 'order_lines' no longer exported
- 'extract_osm_objects' now just returns objects (instead of '$obj' and
'$warn'), and dumps warnings direct to screen.
- 'add_osm_groups' now accepts lists of simple spatial points as groups
- Coordinate reference system properly attributed to all objects
- many tests added
- Change to 'ggplot2' has considerably changed structure of many functions. For
details see function examples and vignettes
- added 'add_axes' to plot lat-lon axes
- added 'add_osm_surface' to spatially interpolate continuous surfaces from
- added 'add_colourbar' to plot a colourbar legend for 'add_osm_surface'
- renamed 'group_osm_objects' to 'add_osm_groups'
- added 'adjust_colours' to allow colours to be lightened or darkened
- all usages of 'xylims' (vectors of four components) and 'get_xylims' changed
to 'bbox' (2-by-2 matrices) for consistency with sp and tmap
- reduce size of 'london' data (through smaller bbox), with corresponding
changes in vignettes
Published on CRAN