Polychrome v1.2.0 (Release Date: 2019-03-17)
- Exported new functions, 'sortByHue' and 'sortByLuminance', as useful
tools to create paired light-dark palettes.
Polychrome v1.1.1 (Release Date: 2018-05-17)
- Edited man pages and vignettes to remove typos.
Polychrome v1.1.0 (Release Date: 2018-04-11)
- Added a new precomputed palettes, 'colorsafe', that contains ten
colors that should be distinguishable even by most individuals with
color deficient vision.
Removed the dependence on the 'rgl' pacakge, since some people have
trouble installing the external dependency (XQuartz) on Macintosh
computers. Replaced it with 'scatterplot3D' for our 3D plots.
Added a 'getLUV" function so people who still want to use 'rgl' can
more easily do so.
Polychrome v1.0.0 (Release Date: 2017-11=18)
Added a new function, 'colorDeficit', that converts any palette to the
equivalent that would be seen with a specifric form of color deficit
Added two new precomputed palettes, Light24 and Dark24.
- Added a new option to 'createPalette' that atempts to create useful
palettes for individuals whose vision has specific color deficits.
- Fixed a bug in 'computeDistances' and 'plotDistances' when a palette
contains two identical colors.
Polychrome v0.9.3 (Release Date: 2017-06-06)
- Changed 'computeDistances' so it now only returns the vector of
minimal relative distances, in order to improve usability.
Polychrome v0.9.0 (Release Date: 2017-04-28)
Added a second vignettte, focused on creating palettes.
Removed the 'turnGray' function, since it duplicates functionality
Added error checking to the arguments of most of the functions.
Changed 'swatch' so it uses the luminance to decide whether to write
color labels in white or black.
Changed the 'computeDistances' function so it includes the default
starting point, thus obviating the need for adding one when you
count the number of separated colors. (Technically, the distance
for the first point should be infinite, but we set it to the
distance to the second point to make it easier to plot.)
Changed the 'plotDistances' function so it now colors the points.
- Added test code for converting different kinds of color
specifications into hex-strings.
Polychrome v0.8.3 (Release Date: 2017-04-25)
- Cleaned up typos and other problems in the man pages.
- Finally got around to bringing this NEWS file up-to-date.
Polychrome v0.8.2 (Release Date: 2017-03-16)
- Added an "extData" folder to the installation directory to use
chromosome-linked AML data as an example of how one might apply the
package to genomics.
Polychrome v0.8.1 (Release Date: 2016-09-29)
- Made sure all the source files included consistent copyright lines.
Polychrome v0.8.0 (Release Date: 2016-09-15)
- (Backwards Incompatible) Changed the names of all the barplot-based
viewers to replace the cryptic "bp" with "swatch".
Polychrome v0.7.2 (Release Date: 2016-08-21)
- Made the 'computeDistances' function (which was used internally by
the 'plotDistances' routine) user-visible.
Polychrome v0.7.0 (Release Date: 2016-08-20)
- Added the 'glasbey.colors' palette,with 32 colors.
- Modified the creation of our 'palette36' to use sRGB instead of RGB
Polychrome v0.6.5 (Release Date: 2016-08-19)
Added the 'colorNames' function to assign UNIX/X11 color names to
Added '...' arguments to 'uvScatter' and 'luminance' functions,
allowing users more control over the graphical displays.
Polychrome v0.6.3 (Release Date: 2016-08-17)
Added the 'invertColors' function, allowing for display of colors
against a black background.
Added an additional argument M to the 'createPalette' funicton,
giving the user control over the number of potential colors
generated randomly during processing.
Added the 'plotDistances' viewer to display successive distances
between colors in LUV space.
Polychrome v0.6.0 (Release Date: 2016-08-16)
- Added a new viewer, 'plothc', which displays a palette as a
dendrogram produced using hierarchical clustering based on Euclidean
distance in LUV space.
Polychrome v0.5.0 (Release Date: 2016-05-16)
- Finished the basic vignette.
Polychrome v0.5.0 (Release Date: 2016-05-16)
- Added an optional 'range' argument to the 'createPalette' function,
allowing users to control the range of luminance values.
Polychrome v0.4.2 (Release Date: 2016-05-11)
- Started writing basic vignette.
Polychrome v0.4.1 (Release Date: 2016-05-09)
- First complete draft of man pages.
Polychrome v0.3.16 (Release Date: 2016-05-09)
Added an "isccNames" function so users can assign color names to any
Added the "palette36.colors' function to access our new standard
Added our own 'alphabet.colors' palette, and sorted it
Exported the 'makegray' function.
- Fixed a bug in 'makePalette' so it now returns the number of colors
you asked for instead of the whole palette.
- First drafts of some man pages.
Polychrome v0.3.2 (Release Date: 2016-04-15)
- Added iscc color name data as a proper R object loadable as data.
Polychrome v0.3.1 (Release Date: 2016-03-23)
Polychrome v0.1.0 (Release Date: 2016-03-22)
- Intitial version of package
- Changed the LICENSE from Artistic 2.0 to Apache 2.0