Analysis of Basketball Data
Collection of tools to work with basketball data. Functions available are related to friendly
web scraping and visualization. Data were obtained from < http://www.euroleague.net/>,
< http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/> and < http://www.acb.com>, following the instructions
of their respectives robots.txt files, when available. Tools for visualization include a population pyramid, 2D plots,
circular plots of players' percentiles, plots of players' monthly/yearly stats,
team heatmaps, team shooting plots, team four factors plots, cross-tables with the results of regular season games
and maps of nationalities.
Version: 1.1.3 [2018-09-24]
- In scraping_games_acb the seasons where there are no Plus/Minus have been updated. Thus, it is not needed to update the package every time there is a new ACB season.
Version: 1.1.2 [2018-09-10]
- An html vignette has been added.
- In get_stats_seasons()$df_gg, the column Age indicates the age of player at February 1st of the season.
Version: 1.1.1 [2018-07-10]
- The scraping numbers for the playoff games for the ACB 2017-2018 season have been added to scraping_games_acb().
Version: 1.1 [2018-05-09]
- A minor typo has been corrected in scraping_rosters_acb() and scraping_rosters_euro() to check if the data frame is NULL before adding name columns.
- In the same two functions, the colon notation in the initial loop has been replaced by seq_len to avoid the backwards sequence bug.
- A minor typo has been corrected in do_four_factors_df() to identify the games that every team played.
- get_pop_pyramid_acb() has been corrected to be in line with ggplot2 updates.
- get_map_nats() is not interactive anymore in order to harmonize with all other functions. This feature is just in the web application.
- These new functions have been added:
- do_stats_teams() Total and average statistics for every team.
- get_similar_teams() Similar teams to archetypoids.
- get_stats_seasons() Season-by-season average players' stats.
- get_table_results() Cross table of league results.
Version: 1.0 [2018-01-25]
- First package version.
- Submitted to CRAN.