Automated Method for Verbal Autopsy
Implements multiple existing open-source algorithms for coding cause of death from verbal autopsies. The methods implemented include 'InterVA4' by Byass et al (2012) <10.3402>, 'InterVA5' by Byass at al (2019) <10.1186>, 'InSilicoVA' by McCormick et al (2016) <10.1080>, 'NBC' by Miasnikof et al (2015) <10.1186>, and a replication of 'Tariff' method by James et al (2011) <10.1186> and Serina, et al. (2015) <10.1186>. It also provides tools for data manipulation tasks commonly used in Verbal Autopsy analysis and implements easy graphical visualization of individual and population level statistics. The 'NBC' method is implemented by the 'nbc4va' package that can be installed from < https://github.com/rrwen/nbc4va>. Note that this package was not developed by authors affiliated with the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and thus unintentional discrepancies may exist in the implementation of the 'Tariff' method.10.1186>10.1186>10.1186>10.1080>10.1186>10.3402>
openVA - changes
Version 1.0.8 (2019-02-15)
- Minor improvement in data cleaning steps of PHMRC data that deals with duplicate questions with categorical responses.
Version 1.0.7 (2018-09-12)
- Fix minor issue with reporting individual top cause when all causes have 0 probability.
Version 1.0.6 (2018-08-28)
- Fix minor issue when saving InterVA and InSilicoVA results to file.
- Fix crash from InterVA using training data with no symptom.
- Fix minor bug where default arguments not passed to function when omitted.
Version 1.0.5 (2018-07-06)
- Optimize the imports of dependent packages.
- Add version check functions and message when attached.
Version 1.0.4 (2018-04-20)
- Adding support of two new methods: InterVA-5 and InSilicoVA-WHO2016.
- Adding functions to clean PHMRC child dataset.
Version 1.0.3 (2017-01-01)
- Change the argument
type'' intophmrc.type'' in the function ``ConvertData.phmrc'' to avoid conflict with multiple arguments.
- Fix bug for parsing arguments in calling InSilicoVA directly on PHMRC data.
- Fix issues with nbc4va package in ova2nbc() function.
- Add new function to calculate CSMF accuracy.