Tau-Leaping Stochastic Simulation
Implements adaptive tau leaping to approximate the
trajectory of a continuous-time stochastic process as
described by Cao et al. (2007) The Journal of Chemical Physics
<10.1063>. This package is based upon work
supported by NSF DBI-0906041 and NIH K99-GM104158 to Philip
Johnson and NIH R01-AI049334 to Rustom
Version 2.2-1 - 19 Sept 2016
- rework to avoid usage of C99 features not included in C++98
- use title case for package title in DESCRIPTION
- update maintainer email address
Version 2.2 - 19 Nov 2014
- Add check for infinite transition rate; if found, abort with a
meaningful warning message and return results generated until this point.
- If abort due to user interrupt, now return results generated so far.
Version 2.1 - 8 May 2014
- Remove automatic byte-code compilation of R rate functions handed
to ssa.adaptivetau (previously had been using library(compile)).
Previous behavior led to significant inefficiencies if
ssa.adaptivetau was called multiple times with the same rate
function; thanks to Sebastian Funk for raising this issue.
Instead, modify documentation to recommend that users use
Version 2.0 - 24 Mar 2014
- transition matrix ("nu") can now be specified with an
alternative data structure to reduce memory usage for large sparse
- new feature: transitions may be designated as "halting", which
will cause simulation to stop after executing one of these
- streamlined code for dealing with transition classification
- call PutRNGstate before calling user-supplied rate function.
While the rate function itself must not be stochastic, if a
unnecessary call to Get/PutRNGState were to occur (e.g., as done
by Rcpp at entry/exit to all exported functions), the adaptivetau
algorithm could get scrambled. Adding this call covers this
situation at relatively low cost.
- fix vignette typo
- bug fix: incorrect type allocation for R_NamesSymbol; thanks to
Brian Ripley for catching.
- handle case where final time ("tf" parameter) is an integer data
type; thanks to Sebastian Funk for sending a patch.
Version 1.1-1 - 11 Nov 2013
- Remove #include , which appears (?) to have been
unnecessary and causes a conflict when using isnan with -std=c++11
and "using namespace std".
- Replace "isnan" (from standard) with "ISNAN" (R macro to ensure
- also remove stray files from vignette directory
Version 1.1 - 27 July 2013
- Fix use of "eval" by using R_EmptyEnv instead of NULL.
- Revert memory leak prevention / error handling code due to not
being part of the public R API (as pointed out by Brian Ripley,
only public API is allowed in CRAN). Unfortunately interrupting
execution will now almost certainly lead to memory leaking.
Version 1.0-1 - 27 Sept 2012
- Fixed validity check that aborts on non-integer initial conditions
(previously was being too permissive).
- removed .Rhistory file accidently left under /vignettes directory
Version 1.0 - 9 Apr 2012
- Fixed memory bug which could, under some circumstances, have lead
to segmentation fault from premature garbage collection.
- Fixed implementation of implicit tau-leaping algorithm (used when
Jacobian supplied & specified by adaptive tau algorithm) and
clarified corresponding documentation.
- Fixed error handling to free memory allocated in heap upon abort
- Added new entrypoint -- ssa.exact -- that directly runs the "exact"
simulation C++ function rather than the tau-leaping algorithm.
- Made algorithm more robust for deterministic transitions.
- Improved error messages when passed invalid initial conditions or
- Byte-code compile user rate functions if compiler package is available.
- Allow ssa.maketrans to handle variable names in addition to indices.
- Wrote vignette with three examples.
Version 0.902 - 30 Dec 2010
- Fix Solaris compiler errors.
Version 0.901 - 12 Nov 2010
- Fix non-portable use of LAPACK_LIBS. Thanks to Brian Ripley.
Version 0.9 - 19 Oct 2010