Reading Annual Financial Reports from Bovespa's DFP, FRE and FCA
Reads annual financial reports including assets, liabilities, dividends history, stockholder composition and much more from Bovespa's DFP, FRE and FCA systems < http://www.bmfbovespa.com.br/en_us/products/listed-equities-and-derivatives/equities/listed-companies.htm>.
These are web based interfaces for all financial reports of companies traded at Bovespa. The package is specially designed for large scale data importation, keeping a tabular (long) structure for easier processing.
GetDFPData provides a R interface to all financial statements and companies information available in B3's website. It not only downloads the data but also organizes it in a tabular format and allows the use of inflation indexes. Users can select companies and a time period to download all available data. Several information about current companies, such as sector and available quarters are also at reach. The main purpose of the package is to make it easy to access financial statements in large scale research, facilitating the reproducibility of corporate finance studies.
A web interface of the package is available at http://www.msperlin.com/shiny/GetDFPData/.
The package is available in CRAN (release version) and in Github (development version). You can install any of those with the following code:
# Release version in CRAN
# Development version in Github
How to use GetDFPData
See manual and vignette in CRAN.
Version 1.5 (2019-02-14)
- Fixed bug for windows download function
Version 1.4 (2018-01-12)
- Naming conventions for caching system are improved so that it reflects different versions of FRE and DFP files.
- Fixed issue with dates in FRE. A new column "year.fre" is added to all FRE data. This makes sure where the FRE datasets are coming from. The "ref.date" column should be used to bind datasets from DFP and FRE. It is set as (year.fre -1)-12-31.
- Many other improvements
Version 1.3 (2018-11-26)
- Fixed issue 11, bug in download of files from cvm
Version 1.2 (2018-10-11)
- Fixed issue 8, bug in remuneration data
Version 1.1 (2018-10-10)
- Fixed bug in thousands flag for DFP data before 2007
Version 1.0 (2018-08-28)
- Fixed bug in values of reports due to previous update.
- Fixed bug in text of auditing reports
- Added tables 3.5 (payout e dividendos)
- Added table 15.3 (distribuição capital)
- Added table 18.1 (detalhes ações)
- Added choice for different data systems (DFP/FRE/FCA)
Version 0.9 (2018-07-26)
- Fixed thousands bug. Some small companies had nominal values, while the majority had it multiplied by thousands. The new code will divide by 1000 for the small companies. Any reported value in the DFP is always multiplied by thousands.
Version 0.8 (2018-07-16)
- Changed default value for get.new.files to FALSE. The code was not being able to scrape the data from B3 an returned an error.
Version 0.7 (2018-05-01)
Version 0.6 (2018-02-15)
- Fixed bugs
- added information about companies in output (cnpj, cvm registration and constitution)
Version 0.5 (2017-11-01)
First version, with most code structure from GetITRData