Physical and Physiological Ecosystem Properties from Eddy
Calculation of physical (e.g. aerodynamic conductance, surface temperature),
and physiological (e.g. canopy conductance, water-use efficiency) ecosystem properties
from eddy covariance data and accompanying meteorological measurements. Calculations
assume the land surface to behave like a 'big-leaf' and return bulk ecosystem/canopy variables.
NEWS for Package 'bigleaf'
version 0.6.5 (2018-06-17)
- Vignette "Tutorial on bigleaf" added
version 0.6.4 (2018-06-15)
- bug fix to energy.closure(): G and S were previously always ignored in the calculation of the intercept and slope.
version 0.6.3 (2018-06-13)
- rownames corrected in the example datasets (starting at 1 now)
- second part of output in filter.data() function is only shown if at least one variable is actually filtered.
- default values for several arguments changed (e.g. "Ga" to "Ga_h") to ensure internal consistency
version 0.6.2 (2018-06-11)
- hard-coded conversion factors replaced by constants (e.g. g2kg, Pa2kPa, umol2mol, etc.)
which were added to the bigleaf.constants() list.
version 0.6.1 (2018-04-18)
- default names for 'formulation' arguments changed for clarity in surface.conductance()
and decoupling(). "PenmanMonteith" is changed to "Penman-Monteith", "FluxGradient" to
"Flux-Gradient", and "JarvisMcNaughton_1986" to "Jarvis&McNaughton_1986".
version 0.6.0 (2018-04-18)
- function reference.ET() is now covered by potential.ET(). If 'approach=Penman-Monteith',
potential ET is calculated according to the Penman-Monteith equation (as previously
in reference.ET()). Argument 'Gs_pot' (formerly 'Gs_ref') is given in mol m-2 s-1
and defaults to 0.6 mol m-2 s-1.
version 0.5.2 (2018-04-10)
- Gb output in aerodynamic.conductance and Gb functions renamed to Gb_h to clarify
that values correspond to heat transfer. Same for Rb and kB.
version 0.5.1 (2018-04-09)
- results of additional quantities (for which Sc is provided) are expressed as
conductances instead of resistances in aerodynamic.conductance()
- 'data' included as argument in radiometric.surface.temp()
- calculation of 'nr_data' accounts for missing values in Gamma if model=Leuning
version 0.5.0 (2018-04-06)
- wind.profile() function restructured. z0m can be provided or calculated from
the logarithmic wind profile equation
- reflectance of downwelling longwave radiation is now accounted for in the
calculation of radiometric surface temperature (function radiometric.surface.temp())
- variable 'LW_down' added to dataset DE_Tha_Jun_2014
- argument 'calc.surface.CO2' removed from intercellular.CO2()
version 0.4.6 (2018-04-05)
- important bugfix concerning several functions: all required arguments are passed
to nested functions
- argument 'N' in aerodynamic.conductance() now defaults to 2 as in Gb.Su()
version 0.4.5 (2018-03-16)
- variables 'LW_up' (upward longwave radiation) and 'Reco' (ecosystem respiration)
were added to all three example datasets
- bug fix to 'surface.conditions' and 'pressure.from.elevation' regarding the
'Esat.formulation' argument. In 'Esat.formulation', this argument is not
implemented and the default formulation is taken for all calculations.
version 0.4.4 (2018-03-13)
- 'reference.ET': argument Gs renamed to Gs_ref
version 0.4.3 (2018-03-12)
- Function 'bigleaf.constants' restructured in a way that allows
changing the constants for each function call
version 0.4.2 (2018-03-12)
- constants (a,b,c) from Allen et al. 1998 added as option to 'Esat.slope'
(pull request from Rémi Vezy)
- Argument 'Esat.formula' added to every function that calculates esat
or slope of esat to allow consistency among functions.
- 'light.response': argument "..." added to the nls function
- 'stomatal.slope': argument "..." within each call of nls in the function
version 0.4.1 (2018-03-08)
- aerodynamic.conductance: Ga_CO2 added to function output
version 0.4.0 (2018-03-08)
- 'aerodynamic.conductance': Rb can be calculated for other quantities if
the respective Schmidt number is provided. I.e. new arguments "Sc" and
"Sc_name" as the value of the Schmidt number, and the name of the quantity
for which Sc is provided, respectively.
- 'bigleaf.constants': Prandtl number (Pr) and Schmidt number for CO2 (Sc_CO2)
- 'light.response': bug fix: +Reco replaced by -Reco (sign was reversed)
version 0.3.2 (2018-03-06)
- rH.to.VPD: if statement vectorized (thanks to Rémi Vezy)
- radiometric.surface.temp: Output renamed ("." replaced by "_")
version 0.3.1 (2018-02-09)
- Monin.Obukhov.length: default arguments added