Geometric Shadow Calculations
Functions for calculating: (1) shadow height, (2) logical shadow flag, (3) shadow footprint, (4) Sky View Factor and (5) radiation load. Basic required inputs include a polygonal layer of obstacle outlines along with their heights (i.e. "extruded polygons"), sun azimuth and sun elevation. The package also provides functions for related preliminary calculations: breaking polygons into line segments, determining azimuth of line segments, shifting segments by azimuth and distance, constructing the footprint of a line-of-sight between an observer and the sun, and creating a 3D grid covering the surface area of extruded polygons.
shadow 0.3.0 (2017-03-31)
shadow 0.3.2 (2017-05-29)
- Fixed 'toSeg' behavior when 'x' has single attribute
- Fixed 'shiftAz' behavior when 'object' is 'SpatialPoints*'
- 'parallel' support in functions 'shadowHeight' and 'SVF'
shadow 0.3.3 (2017-06-14)
- Fixed missing drawing in vignette
shadow 0.3.5 (2017-08-17)
- Minor documentation update
- SVF also works for 3D points (above ground)
shadow 0.4.0 (2017-11-05)
- Correction in SVF calculation
- Updated SVF tests and documentation
- Expanded SVF example based on Erell et al. (2012)
shadow 0.4.5 (2018-01-04)
- Added 'surfaceGrid' function
- Added 'plotGrid3D' function
- Added 'inShadow' function
- Corrections in documentation
shadow 0.5.0 (2018-03-06)
- Fixed attribute propagation in 'surfaceGrid'
- Added 'tmy' (Typical Meteorological Year) dataset
- Added 'coefDirect' function
- Fixed bug when using 'solar_pos' with >1 rows in 'inShadow'
- Added progress bar to 'inShadow'
- Added 'radiation' function
- Removed the 'message' parameter
- Added test for 'inShadow'
shadow 0.5.3 (2018-05-16)
- Minor change in 'radiation' example
- Expanded package vignette
- Added test for 'radiation'
- Added 'radius' parameter to 'radiation' for restricted obstacles search
shadow 0.5.5 (2018-07-19)
- 'returnList' argument in 'radiation'
- Fixed mistakes in the 'time' column of 'tmy'
- Added temperature and wind speed columns in 'tmy'
- Update vignette to comply with noew 'tmy' table
- Added 'beersheva' sample dataset with Beer-Sheva buildings
- Added 'tmy2' sample dataset with Beer-Sheva TMY data
- Added 'elev' sample dataset with Beer-Sheva elevation
- Fixed 'Obstacles outline union' step in 'surfaceGrid' function to work with polygons with holes