Geometric Shadow Calculations
Functions for calculating: (1) shadow height, (2) logical shadow flag, (3) shadow footprint, (4) Sky View Factor and (5) radiation load. Basic required inputs include a polygonal layer of obstacle outlines along with their heights (i.e. "extruded polygons"), sun azimuth and sun elevation. The package also provides functions for related preliminary calculations: breaking polygons into line segments, determining azimuth of line segments, shifting segments by azimuth and distance, constructing the footprint of a line-of-sight between an observer and the sun, and creating a 3D grid covering the surface area of extruded polygons.
shadow 0.3.0 (2017-03-31)
shadow 0.3.2 (2017-05-29)
- Fixed 'toSeg' behavior when 'x' has single attribute
- Fixed 'shiftAz' behavior when 'object' is 'SpatialPoints*'
- 'parallel' support in functions 'shadowHeight' and 'SVF'
shadow 0.3.3 (2017-06-14)
- Fixed missing drawing in vignette
shadow 0.3.5 (2017-08-17)
- Minor documentation update
- SVF also works for 3D points (above ground)
- Correction in SVF calculation
- Updated SVF tests and documentation
- Expanded SVF example based on Erell et al. (2012)
- Added 'surfaceGrid' function
- Added 'plotGrid3D' function
- Added 'inShadow' function
- Corrections in documentation