Various Functions to Facilitate Visualization of Data and
When analyzing data, plots are a helpful tool for visualizing data and interpreting statistical models. This package provides a set of simple tools for building plots incrementally, starting with an empty plot region, and adding bars, data points, regression lines, error bars, gradient legends, density distributions in the margins, and even pictures. The package builds further on R graphics by simply combining functions and settings in order to reduce the amount of code to produce for the user. As a result, the package does not use formula input or special syntax, but can be used in combination with default R plot functions. Note: Most of the functions were part of the package 'itsadug', which is now split in two packages: 1. the package 'itsadug', which contains the core functions for visualizing and evaluating nonlinear regression models, and 2. the package 'plotfunctions', which contains more general plot functions.
New features / functions:
- new function sortBoxplot: wrapper around boxplot for producing ordered boxplots.
- new functions orderBoxplot and sortGroups: utility functions for sortBoxplot.
- new function convertFile: utility function for changing decimal values in data from , to .
- gradientLegend: argument fit.margin tries to ensure that the labels fit within the margin of the plot.
new features / functions:
- new function plot_signifArea: indicates where a surface is not different from zero; to be used in combination with plotsurface().
- new function getRatioCoords: utility function to support plot_image; the function calculates the plot coordinates given the height:width ratio of an image.
- vignette plotfunctions is added with examples
- function drawArrows new implemented, easier to use
Bug resolved: plotsurface now also allows to plot lists. Before and error was returned that the provided view argument was not found in the data.