Data Sets and Functions Used in Multivariate Statistics: Old
School by John Marden
Multivariate Analysis methods and data sets used
in John Marden's book Multivariate Statistics: Old School (2015) <978-1456538835>.
This also serves as a companion package for the
STAT 571: Multivariate Analysis course offered by the Department of Statistics
at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ('UIUC').978-1456538835>
msos R package
Contains necessary Multivariate Analysis methods and data sets used in John Marden's Multivariate Statistics: Old School (2015) [ISBN: 978-1456538835]. This is also a companion package for the STAT 571: Multivariate Analysis course at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
msos 1.1.0 - Hotfix - "Old School Triumph"
- Corrected outstanding CRAN checks related to malformed
and need to import functions (#2)
- Switched documentation over to using roxygen2 (#1)
- Improved mathematical notation in documentation
- Added links to GitHub repository
msos 1.0.1 - Hotfix - "Old School Tact"
- Added dependency on 'tree' package.
- Updated documentation.
msos 1.0 - Live Update - "Old School Reborn"
- Perform multivariate modeling with Both-Sides Model approach using least
squares and maximum likelihood estimate computations.
- Maximizing techniques for negentropy.
- Test subsets of beta estimates.
- Principle Component selection based on BIC values
MSOS was made during STAT 571 - Multivariate Analysis to increase familiarity
with Multivariate methods and to make course datasets more accessible.
The project was approved and mentored by Statistics Professor Emeritus
John Marden at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).