Estimate a Log-Concave Probability Mass Function from Discrete
Given independent and identically distributed observations X(1), ..., X(n), allows to compute the maximum likelihood estimator (MLE) of probability mass function (pmf) under the assumption that it is log-concave, see Weyermann (2007) and Balabdaoui, Jankowski, Rufibach, and Pavlides (2012). The main functions of the package are 'logConDiscrMLE' that allows computation of the log-concave MLE, 'logConDiscrCI' that computes pointwise confidence bands for the MLE, and 'kInflatedLogConDiscr' that computes a mixture of a log-concave PMF and a point mass at k.
logcondiscr_1.0.6 (July 3, 2015):
logcondiscr_1.0.5 (February 5, 2014):
logcondiscr_1.0.4 (September 23, 2013):
- Removed library() and require() calls.
- Updated references.
logcondiscr_1.0.3 (October 6, 2012):
- Corrected a minor error logConDiscrCI().
logcondiscr_1.0.2 (January 24, 2012):
- Sligthly modified treatment of knots in logConDiscrCI().
- Update some paper references.
logcondiscr_1.0.1 (December 1, 2011):
- Corrected a minor typo in the help for logConDiscrMLE().
- Added NAMESPACE
- Updated KRs contact details
logcondiscr_1.0.0 (initial version):
- Provide functions to estimate a log-concave probability mass function.