Categorical Landscape Simulation Facility
Simulates categorical maps on actual geographical realms, starting from either empty landscapes or landscapes provided by the user (e.g. land use maps). Allows to tweak or create landscapes while retaining a high degree of control on its features, without the hassle of specifying each location attribute. In this it differs from other tools which generate null or neutral landscapes in a theoretical space. The basic algorithm currently implemented uses a simple agent style/cellular automata growth model, with no rules (apart from areas of exclusion) and von Neumann neighbourhood (four cells, aka Rook case). Outputs are raster dataset exportable to any common GIS format.
landscapeR v1.2 (Release date: 2017-07-05)
- Hidden internal functions translated to C++ for significant speed inprovements
landscapeR v1.1.3 (Patch release date: 2016-12-13)
- New mantainers's email address in the DESCRIPTION file
- Minor documentation edits in all functions
- Slight speed improvements with performant native R functions
landscapeR v1.1.2 (Patch release date: 2016-09-07)
- Bug fix in 'makeClass'
- Clarified error messages
landscapeR v1.1.1 (Patch release date: 2016-08-31)
- Fixed bug in 'rmSingle'
- Replaced outdated version of documentation
landscapeR v1.1 (Release date: 2016-08-30)
- Removed dependency from package 'fastmatch'
- Changed 'makePatch' and 'expandClass' function internals to gain significant speed improvements
- Updated and improved error/warning messages and exception handling
- Functions 'makeClass' and 'expandClass' now accept vectors for argument "bgr"
- Updated DESCRIPTION file
- Updated and expanded vignette
- Added copyright notes in COPYRIGHT file
- Fixed author list to CRAN standards
- Added vignette
- Added function 'rmSingle' to remove single tones and reduce salt-pepper effect
- Added function 'makeLine' to create linear features (directional and convoluted). Beta version.
- Added NEWS.md file
- Added start up messages with copyright notice
landscapeR v1.0.0 (Release date: 2016-05-22)