Grammatical Evolution for R
A native R implementation of grammatical evolution (GE).
GE facilitates the discovery of programs that can achieve a desired goal.
This is done by performing an evolutionary optimisation over a population
of R expressions generated via a user-defined context-free grammar (CFG)
and cost function.
gramEvol: Grammatical Evolution for R
This package includes source code and documentation of gramEvol: Grammatical
Evolution for R.
gramEvol implements grammatical evolution (GE) in native R syntax. It allows
discovering programs that can achieve a desired goal, by performing an
evolutionary optimization over a population of R expressions generated via a
user-defined grammar. Functions are provided for creating and manipulating
context-free grammars (CFGs), random search, exhaustive search, and evolutionary
optimization. Users are only required to define their program structure via a
grammar, and a cost function to evaluate the fitness of each program.
More information regarding the grammatical evolution is brought in the package's
Release and Development
The latest release and developmental versions of this package are available on:
All files in this package, including the documentation and vignettes,
are distributed under GNU GPL v2.0 or later license.
For full terms of this license visit https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html.
2016-07-04 - Changes in version 2.1-3
- Add a supress warnings option to
- Update citation with the information from Journal of Statistical Software
- Fix iteration parameter auto-set overriding manual value bug
- Fix suggested initial chromosome bug (Thanks to danklotz)
2015-11-11 - Changes in version 2.1-2
- Changed contact email
- Added citation information
- Fixed global function imports in package namespace
2015-06-04 - Changes in version 2.1-1
- Changed package's description, explaining what grammatical evolution is.
2015-06-03 - Changes in version 2.1-0
- Added grammar rule concatenation
- Added iterative grammar rule
- Improved primitive function printing in the grammar
- Fixed typos and cleaned up latex in the vignette
- R-devel CRAN check compatibility fixes
2015-02-11 - Changes in version 2.0-2
- R-devel CRAN check compatibility fix
2015-02-10 - Changes in version 2.0-1
2014-12-09 - Changes in version 2.0-0
- CreateGrammar accepts Expressions as well as strings
- Added predefined multi-point crossover operator to Genetic Algorithm Implementation
- New functions for iterating through the grammar
- New Grammatical Exhaustive and Random Search Functions
- New verbose functions to test expressions and grammatical generation
- New print and summary overload for many objects
2014-10-21 - Changes in version 1.2-1
- Added BNF file parser
- CreateGrammar default value fixed
- Brackets around grammar rule identifiers are optional now
- Minor style improvements
2014-06-23 - Changes in version 1.1-1
- Added Some regression tests
- Changed GA and GE default popsize and itercount to be more useful
- Added NA and NaN handling for GA
- Improved print function's styling
- Changed GA genome len and range arguements name for more clarity
- EvalExpression returns NA instead of NaN if expression is non-terminal
2014-05-20 - Changes in version 1.0-1