The devRate package allows quantifying the relationships between developmental rate and temperature in ectotherm organisms.
You can use the package:
- to get developmental rate curves as a function of temperature for a specific organism (hundred of examples from the literature are included in the package);
- to know wich equations exists and which are most used in the literature; and
- to relate developmental rate with temperature from your empirical data, using the equations from the package.
The devRate package provides three categories of functions:
- to find developmental rate information about a specific organism (Order, Family, Genus, species): which equations were used and which are the asociated parameters (e.g., helpful to estimate startig values for your empirical data sets);
- to relate developmental rate and temperature; and
- to plot your empirical data sets and the associated fitted model, and/or to plot develpomental curves from the literature.