Spatial Position Models
Computes spatial position models: the potential model as defined
by Stewart (1941) <10.1126> and catchment areas as
defined by Reilly (1931) or Huff (1964) <10.2307>.10.2307>10.1126>
R package for computing spatial position models:
- Stewart potentials
- Reilly catchment areas
- Huff catchment areas
Development version / unstable
Version 2.0.0 of the package is a major release that should not break old code.
Anyway, in case of problem you can use these lines to get a previous version of the package.
packageurl <- "https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/SpatialPosition/SpatialPosition_1.2.0.tar.gz"
install.packages(packageurl, repos=NULL, type="source")
Vignettes contain commented scripts on how to use
- Introduction to the SpatialPosition package :
vignette(topic = "SpatialPosition")
- Stewart Potentials: a Use Case :
vignette(topic = "StewartExample")
SpatialPosition version 2.0.0 (Release date: 2019-05-10)
- sf and sp objects are allowed as input and output (use returnclass = "sf" for sf output).
- functions use sf for spatial computation.
- rasterToContourPoly() (based on rgeos & sp) is deprecated in favor of isopoly() (based on isoband and sf).
- bug fix in smoothy for some computations with NAs.
- addition of a dataset hospital, with hospital points and capacity and Paris polygon.
- suppression of the QGIS vignette, irrelevant in regard to QGIS v3, and not really specific to SpatialPosition
SpatialPosition version 1.2.0 (Release date: 2017-09-06)
- Introduce mcStewart to compute stewart potentiels using parallel processing
- Introduce smoothy to compute distance weighted mean.
- Introduce a vignette on how to SpatialPosition with QGIS.
- (Re)introduce a longlat param in stewart, mcStewart, huff and reilly to select between eucliean and great circles distances.
- Add a bypassctrl param in stewart, huff and reilly to allow computations on large datasets
- More points in the default mask of raster poly
- Rewrite of CreateGrid and rasterToContourPoly functions
SpatialPosition version 1.1.1 (Release date: 2016-06-07)
- Check mask size and validity in ratserToContourPoly
- Better SpatialPolygonsDataFrame output in rasterToContourPoly
- Default distance computation is in meters using the Great Circle distance (WGS84 ellipsoid) method.
SpatialPosition version 1.1 (Release date: 2016-03-18)
- Introduce the quickStewart function that outputs stewart contour polygons easily. Ratio of potentials are allowed.
- Introduce rasterToContourPoly to replace contourStewart.
- contourStewart is now deprecated. Use rasterToContour from raster to output contour lines and rasterToContourPoly from SpatialPosition to output polygons.
- A resolution is set by default in CreateGrid.
- Vignettes are updated to reflect major changes.
SpatialPosition version 1.0 (Release date: 2015-11-30)
- Better code for contourStewart.
- Better legend for plotStewart
- New vignette 'Stewart Potentials: a Use Case'.
- Minor changes in documentation and vignette.
- Add 'cartography' in suggested packages