Functions and C++ Header Files for Computation on Manifolds
We provide a number of algorithms to estimate fundamental statistics including Fréchet mean and geometric median for manifold-valued data. Also, C++ header files are contained that implement elementary operations on manifolds such as Sphere, Grassmann, and others. See Bhattacharya and Bhattacharya (2012) <10.1017> if you are interested in statistics on manifolds, and Absil et al (2007) <978-0-691-13298-3> on computational aspects of optimization on matrix manifolds.978-0-691-13298-3>10.1017>
You can install the released version of RiemBase from CRAN with:
or the development version from github:
# > install.packages("devtools")
# if not installed.
News for Package RiemBase
Changes in version 0.2.2
rbase.curvedist is added to compute L2 distance between two curves on manifolds.
- Vector-valued data handling is fixed. Bug reports are welcome.
Changes in version 0.2.1
- NEWS initialized. Updates will be recorded here.
- Computation of (intrinsic) Frechet means are improved:
- parallel option provided using OpenMP support.
- Wolfe condition becomes obsolete. Faster convergence is still achieved from fixed step size.